|Nazareth Online Community for Knowledge Sharing.
|Becoming the Person Others Will Want to Follow - part 3
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||shibe [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:51 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Becoming the Person Others Will Want to Follow - part 3|
Continued.................... leaders ....
7. Discernment: Put an End to Unsolved Mysteries
“Smart leaders believe only half of what they hear. Discerning leaders know which have to believe.”~ John. C. Maxwell
Effective leaders need discernment, although even good leaders don’t display it all the time.
Examples of Famous last words:
“I think there is a world market for about five computers.”
Thomas J. Watson, chairman of IBM (1943)
“I don’t need bodyguards.”
Jimmy Hoffa, one month before disappearance (1975)
8. Focus:The Sharper It Is;The Sharper You Are
• The Keys are Priorities and Concentration
• A leader who knows what his priorities are but lacks concentration knows what to do but never gets it done.
• If he has concentration but no priorities, he has excellence without progress.
• But when he harnesses both, he has potential to achieve great things.
How should you focus your time and energy?
• Focus 70 Percent on Strengths
o Develop them to their fullest potential
• Focus 25 Percent on New Things
o Growth = Change
• Focus 5 Percent on Areas of Weakness
o Minimize weaknesses as much as possible, delegate
9. Generosity: Your Candle Loses Nothing When It Lights Another
“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.”~ Calvin Coolidge, American President
“All that is not given is lost.”~ Rabinranath Tagore, Indian Poet
• Cultivate the Quality of Generosity in Your Life
• Be Grateful For What You Have
• Put People First
• Don’t Allow the Desire for Possessions to Control You
• Regard Money as a Resource
• Develop the Habit of Giving
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 5:30 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group